Following its closure, the Hospital's records were held by the James Paget University Hospital at Gorleston. They are now thought to have been mostly destroyed although admission registers for certain years are held by the Norfolk Record Office at Norwich. These are the medical register for 3 January 1907 to 13 July 1916, the register of admissions for treatment from 26 July 1974 to 11 November 1982, and the register of admissions for observation from 6 October 1973 to 15 September 1983.
Public inspection is restricted to admissions over 100 years ago.
The Medical Register for 3 January 1907 to 13 July 1916 (left) includes details of patient admissions, dates of death and discharge, and medical condition.
We are able to provide certain information from this register on request to those undertaking family research. Please see the Contact Us page.
Transcripts of the ten yearly Censuses from 1841 to 1911 are available for download from a separate page on this website, as is a transcript of the 1939 Register taken at the outbreak of World War Two and which was made available for public inspection in November 2015.